Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!



When we were little, my Mom bought a 'birthday angel' for each of us four kids. The angels were about 5 inches tall and each held something related to the birthday month. I still have my angel who's holding a heart, since my birthday's in February. Now I've decided to make myself a set of 'special occasion' dolls, a doll each for New Years, Valentine's Day, my birthday, St Patrick's Day, Easter, May Day, July 4th, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Instead of angels, I'm making little paper mache queens about 5 1/2 inches tall. This is my first - The New Year's Queen.

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

She's great Gail! I love the little champagne glass...great touch. Happy New Year!!

Dotti said...

She has surely captured the spirit of the event!

http://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

Love her Gail! What do you use for a base?

Gail V said...

Hi Y. I used a tiny little bottle - only about 2 inches tall and 1/2 inch in diameter.