Monday, October 25, 2010

Finished my first Art Doll Cool-Aberration 2010 doll

I'm the first in the round robin to work on Yvonne's doll, Raisa, who came to me from Texas thus:



Raisa's figure may be a bit "boxy" (hee hee), but now she's got some sexy legs! Four sets, to be precise. Each with a different pair of sexy, high-heeled shoes.


I also gave Raisa a fringed tulle miniskirt and a pink garter that she can wear over her hanging legs or tuck inside her box. I was thrilled when I found the tulle trim -it matches Raisa and her journal perfectly!


Her two-sided interchangable cardboard legs are painted and stitched, and hang on a tiny screw hook I attached to the bottom of the box lid. She can be displayed on the edge of a mantle or shelf with her legs hanging below.



My journal page depicts Raisa's shoe addiction and includes a little bound booklet of interchangable legs and shoes.




I'd love to have worked "inside the box", too, but I thought I better leave that for one of the other participants. I'm finishing up a pretty envelope for Raisa's legs to travel in, and then she's off to MA in Canada.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Very unique and creative idea you had Gail. I love that she will sit on a shelf and her legs are changeable. Love it!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Gotta love those legs! Wouldn't it be nice if we could change our own at will?