Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Itsy Bitsy Book

I'm still working on Raisa (Yvonne's Art Doll Cool-Aberration doll) and her journal. No reveal yet, but I can tell you I'm working 'outside the box'. LOL. I'm having fun - I just love working on these collaboration dolls.

I do have a tiny little book to show you. I made this to carry in my pocketbook for writing down the names of authors I like. So when I go to the library I can remember who to look for. It's very tiny, but has lots of pages. - for years of reading. I made a very simple codex style using cardboard and collaged paper for the cover.



Speaking of books, I've just ordered some new used books from Amazon and I can't wait till they get here. A couple on book making and some on vintage shoes and hats. Oh yeah, and one on amulets. I love pics of cool shoes and hats and I'll hopefully find inspiration for some future dolls! I put several more expensive books on my wish list (so I can keep an eye out for reduced prices), including a new book about vintage undies (corsets and such) that hasn't been released yet. And a book about horses in African art with loads of pics (also not yet released). I love horse art, too. Apparently, so do Africans - they have few horses in Africa, but they depict lots of horses in their art. Interesting, huh?

I'm having fun!

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Good to hear you're having fun. It makes the day go better.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That certainly is an itsy bitsy book! I think I'd be all thumbs trying to make something that small.

Yvonne said...

Such a cute book and a great idea for keeping authors names.