Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Favorite Doll

Well, I decided I better just start blogging and then fine tune my blog header and layout later.

So with no further ado, here's one of my favorite art dolls.

I started her with two sticks wired together to form a T. Then added some padding, wrapped fabric, and a mask-like face of kiln fired clay. She stands about 11" tall and is wearing a wet-felted wool robe and ropes of knotted fabric embellished with beads, yarn, fibers, etc. Her bird friends are stitched, stuffed and painted fabric.

I especially love her back view which shows her long, long braid made from my horse's tail hair.

3 comments:

Karma Veranda said...

Whoo hoo! You're here!!! drums rolling, confetti flying and.....Gnomes doing cartwheels!just because it's a great visual....like your site. It's wonderful and I love your header dolls. It's like she is sing out a welcome to all your visitors.
Blog on girl,
Karma

Threads of Inspiration said...

Congratulations Gail! It looks great. I'll add your link to my blog...BTW, I'm not asking here, just telling!!!! Way to go girl. Susan

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh good - you have a blog and we can get to see some of your work too!! Can't wait to see what goodies you put up for us to drool over.