Friday, June 5, 2009

Art Doll Cool-Aberration 2008 - Eloise

Last June I started an art doll collaboration which, thru a spelling error, became known as Art Doll Cool-Aberration 2008. I just completed work on my final doll in the round robin, Eloise. Eloise is Kris' doll and began her life in England. Here's what she looked like when she began her journey last year. And here's what she looks like now after visiting 7 more doll artists.


Pretty cool, huh? She was pretty loaded by the time she got to me, her last stop. I slipped boobies into her bikini top and added tiny paper mache feet clad in lime green ballet slippers so she can dance with the gods!
We all sent travel journals along with our dolls. These are my contributions to Eloise's journal.










It's been so much fun working on these collaboration dolls and journals. And even though we did end up with a few flakes in the project, we had enough dedicated and talented gals to do the dolls justice. I'll show more of the dolls as they complete their journeys. Can't wait to get my doll, Dave, back!

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a transformation from beginning to end!! She is absolutely stunning. Wish I could see her 'for real'.

yvonne said...

Can't believe how similar this doll start is to my doll start. Whoa! But I hope the doll is different and one of a kind, although this one is very cool.