Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mystery Doll

Here's a doll I made awhile back that's kindof out of my normal style. It turned out I wasn't real crazy about her except for her headdress. And maybe her hands. So after she was out in my house long enough to get real dusty, I put her away somewhere. That's the mystery - I cannot for the life of me remember where the hell I put that doll. She's a larger size doll, I think about 12 - 13 inches, so she couldn't go in my display case. So where is she? Every so often, I half-ass look around for her, but so far, no luck. Either she's buried in my craft room somewhere or she felt unloved and took off for greener pastures...

I do like her headdress and I wanted to look at it again. It's full of mismatched buttons and beads and coiled wire and polymer clay moons and fibers and fabric pieces. I call her "To the Moon" because she's looking up to the moon and offering it a rose, and she has moons on her garment and in her hair. Maybe she flew off to the moon?


3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oooh....I really hope you find her! She looks absolutely stunning and deserves her place in the sun (moon?).

Yvonne said...

Love this doll Gail and hint hint, maybe you could put a headress like this on my doll someway.

J said...

You should save her for a swap or something if you don't like her. I think she's pretty cool.

Maybe she sensed your dislike and left...