Saturday, September 12, 2009

Swapping is Fun!

Jeanne and I swapped dolls. She made me this great beaded fertility goddess for my collection.


Jeanne designed it just for me. I love the boobies (of course) and the little heart fertility symbol (inspired, I think). She's 4 1/2 inches tall and shimmers in the light. I love little beaded dolls and I feel really lucky to get one from Jeanne. Thanks, Jeanne!

I made Jeanne this mixed media doll.

I made this doll with paper-fabric and then coated her in shellac. The hat is made from a seashell with a paper mache brim and ribbon, and the tiny bird is wrapped copper wire. She's about 7 inches tall.


I think it's interesting that we both went with similar body shapes and a neutral monotone color scheme.

Swaps really are fun and a great way to collect art dolls (or whatever) when you don't have lots of $$ to spend.

2 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Swaps are fun and getting either one of those dolls would have been great! Good job to both of you!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I wouldn't be able to choose a favourite from the two, that's for sure! What a fun swap & such treasures you each made and received.