Last year I dried a bunch of tiny rose blooms and buds from my miniature climbing rose. I just throw 'em in a basket and let 'em dry. And they always lose their color after awhile. :( So I decided to paint the little suckers.
I used pale pink acrylic paint. After dabbing some on the front of a bloom, I blew on the rose real hard to spread the paint. Then I ran it really quickly under a drizzle of water and blew several times to spread the paint and remove the excess. After they were thoroughly dry, I coated them with gel medium to protect the paint while preserving some flexibility. The stems seem pretty secure once they're coated with the gel medium. Hopefully now I can manage to sew them on as doll embellishments without snapping them.
5 years ago