Sunday, May 31, 2009

Goodies in the mail!

Got some goodies in the mail this week from a couple of my internet pals. First here's a wonderful wee journal from MA in Canada. It's all handmade especially for me! It is truly a tiny (4X3") treasure and will be displayed proudly in my display case where I keep all my best treasures.
MA filled the journal with inspiring quotations and decorated it in some of my very fave colors - oceanic blue and copper. Thanks MA!!

And I got this very cool smudge stick from Yvonne in Texas. She made it just for me from wild Texas sagebrush which "transforms energy and brings change". When I opened the box, the wonderful subtle fragrance of the sage wafted out - it'll probably make my whole display case smell nice! Thanks Yvonne!!


Okay, so how do I get these great gifts? I ask! I just love treasures handmade by friends, so I just ask them to make them for me. And then I make something special for them, which is the other half of the fun! And don'tcha love getting something good in the mail?

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Glad you like your wee journal Gail! It was great fun to make. I actually think I might do a few more.
The smudge stick is wonderful...I can almost smell it from here!!

Kim Davis said...

I agree, there is nothing like goodies in the mail; especially presents from friends! :)

yvonne said...

Glad you like the smudge stick Gail. The Indian maiden on the tag is a photo I took in Santa Fe. She was the first Indian woman to be declared a saint.

yvonne said...

Love the little journal MA made. It's tiny but it's wonderful!