Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tiny People

Before I ever started making art dolls, I had started what I call my "Tiny People" collection.
I have several (not as many as I'd like) tiny little human figurines that range from 1 - 3 inches tall. Since I couldn't find many to grow my collection I decided to make some, and that's how I started making art dolls.
This is the first tiny person I made. I call her "Nightmare on the Boulevard" as I picture her standing out on the main drag in Myrtle Beach, SC hoping to find her a man. Nightmare is needle felted and 3 inches tall. She's barefooted and wearing her beach hat and a halter top and just hanging out with her hands in her pockets. Hoping...

2 comments:

Karma Veranda said...

Oh she's a doll! There is so much personality in her. I wonder if no one stops for her soon if she'll up her game somehow.
She a lovely felted sculpture.
-Karma

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Attitude galore in this gal! Nobody, but nobody would dare mess with her. Cute!