Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally!

I've finally finished my additions to Persia and her journal. So, with no further ado, here she is.



I added a pirate belt complete with sword and dagger and a gold flask (Persia is partial to gold).


The flask is polymer clay that I embossed using some jewelry I haven't worn in awhile. Persia is a rum drinker (of course) and can drink most men under the table. She'll also be traveling with her own real bottle of rum - one of those airplane minis.



I bought the cheap knife set on ebay and attached the sheath to her belt. Persia is a lefty.



I love little doll shoes, but I usually don't like making them because I'm not fond of making two of anything. Persia gave me the perfect opportunity to make just one boot! It's paper mache painted with a mixture of black acrylic paint and gel medium which gives a leather look. I attached one of the doubloons I showed in an earlier post to the boot.



Persia's peg leg is decorated with gold paint and stickers and 4 layers of clear polyacrylic. She has 5 notches in her leg now - her method for recording the Captains whose ships she's seized thru the power of seduction.



My journal pages depict Persia's reputation as a powerful seductress with the ability to bedazzle sailors into surrendering all their worldly goods for a night in her bed. If you click on the pics, hopefully you can make out the writing.





Persia was a blast to work on! The added bonus is that I did her last journal page upside down by mistake. Duh. Instead of getting upset about it, I decided to see it as a funny reminder of my normal discombobulated state of being.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Perfect, just absolutely perfect, additions Gail! I can't wait to see her in person so I can get the full affect.

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful artist G. She looks great and the journal is so good. The little flask looks real and I love her peg leg now. Just love it all! Y

Dotti said...

What a wonderful exotic creature she has become!

http://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com