Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cool-Aberration 2009 Loses a Player

Susan has left the Cool-Ab project for personal reasons. I had her doll, Tabula, whom I'll be returning to Susan along with the new hat I'd already made for her. Too bad - she was gonna be such a darling little Peruvian lady.




On the bright side - I get to work on the Queen of Hearts now!! She's Jeanne's doll and looked like this when she left Jeanne's in Oregon.

Robyn in CA gave her some royal bloomers and some beading.

She arrived here in NC yesterday. I heard the clump when the mailman dumped her on my back porch. I looked out the window and saw him scurrying back to his truck like he was in a hurry to get out of here. WTF??? Well, when I went out to the porch, I heard this shrill shrieking, "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!", coming from this box.


Well, you can't hardly blame the woman for being royally pissed... Looks like the postal guys went postal on her. But, sheesh, she's still in a tizzy about it 36 hours later. My pets are all cowering in the corners and under the furniture. My playing cards are scattered everywhere and she's terrorizing them. When I caught her in the kitchen knife drawer, I decided she must be restrained.

Tin foil strait jacket. Works every time! :)

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Awww, crap! I'm feeling all bad about Susan having to leave and then you go and have to show me that strait jacket. Now I'm laughing hysterically!

Threads of Inspiration said...

Gail,
The Peruvian hat is darling. When I was in art school I took a class in Peruvian textile techniques. One of my favorite classes. I love all that you have done and I thank you for your kindness during my ups and downs.
Many good things to you.
Susan

Yvonne said...

Love the hat...it's perfect!!! So sad that Susan is not in the project, but I hope the best for her.