Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tabula Rosa of Cool-Ab 2009

I mentioned in an earlier post that Susan had to drop out of the Cool-Aberration project for personal reasons. Well, the rest of us decided to go ahead and continue work on her doll, Tabula Rosa. Previously, I showed her in the hat I made her. Now I've finished making her a wrapping blanket.

I really like the color combination in this felted piece. Here she is wearing it.


It's not permanently attached - she still looks like this without the blanket.

So there's plenty of room for additions from the other players. The blanket can be displayed alongside Tabula. Or even under her as a rug.

Mayberry deemed this piece a bit too small for real comfort...

And here are the pages I made for Tabula's journal.


I found the picture of the old Peruvian woman online in sepia. It looks just like Tabula, I think. Right down to the closed eyes. I added the color with my watercolor crayons.

I'm glad we decided to complete Tabula. I'd have hated to see Yvonne's wonderful face go to waste.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

She's wonderful Gail! I love her robe and the journal pages are perfect. This is just altogether too much fun!!

J said...

She definitely needed the blanket, it's just perfect. You've really become a pro with the journaling.