Monday, July 27, 2009

Cool-Aberration 2008 - Toben

Here's one of my favorite dolls from Cool-Ab 2008, Toben the Rocker Elf.

He started life with Jen in OH as an elfin misfit looking to "find himself".





I was the third player to work on Toben. Gloria had already started his rocker persona with his wild hair and his guitar. This is what he looked like when he got to NC.

I don't know that I've ever seen a Rock 'n' Roll musician in knickers and a hat like his, but I decided to stick with Gloria's rocker theme. I made Tobe a long garment kindof between a cloak and a duster, put some stars in his hair, bells on his hat, rings in his ears, a peace sign on his sash, and made him his own record album collection. He loves Southern Rock and Janis Joplin.



And here are the pages I added to his journal.



After me, Tobe visited 3 more artists and ended up looking kindof like this. He actually got some more detail added, but I don't have a good pic of him at the very end.

I just love what Kris did to his face - the glasses, mustache and goatee. Too cool.